Thursday, June 20, 2019

Things that brought me joy one day...



Some of you might have seen a few of these photos on facebook but for those who didn't here are a few recent things that have been bringing me joy recently...

Making the amazing discovery (and I mean amazing, literally second only to the wide expansive love of Jesus) that geckos love coffee. As soon as I sat down to enjoy a cup of coffee in the front living area of the garden house I am staying (and where this view - 1st pic below - brings me inordinate peace and joy), FIVE of them started scampering skitterishly toward me. They literally smelled it across the room and they kept building up courage to come take a lick or two. I have since discovered that tea even with milk and sugar does nothing for them. I thought I was coming to Thailand to grow rice, but I’m thinking about perhaps training a gecko troupe instead. The most I have had hanging around the cup and saucer is eight - but never all at once – fights frequently break out even with 2-3 on the table at the same time.

this view...

...creeping...

closer...

...IN!



toes do not produce coffee but they are also very curious about them...



Finding larger size critters (just a little larger) hanging out in and around the river that I used to cross daily before a bridge was built allowing farmers much easier access to their gardens and fields on the other side.


This guy eventually submerged himself completely (hippo-esque) and floated down stream a little...they don't get their names for no reason!


Walking old trails and paths that I used to run and ride my bike as a kid (pre concrete), gathering some fallen mangoes (mostly) along the way and by the time I got back to the family I am staying with, Auntie Youie already knew I had been ‘gathering’ mangoes - eyes are everywhere:-)




Fortunately not everything is paved!
Finding these beautiful ground orchids on the hill behind the house in Pa Tyng.


And of course other orchids and flowers...





Tamarind flowers...
 These views when we drove from Mae hong son to Maelana (on the way to Pai) to pick up Golf’s wife who teaches their during the week.



Speaking of Golf and Naam Waan... Golf was not yet born when my family moved to Pa Tyng - today he is 30. I'm staying in their 'Garden' house with him while mom Youie stays in their village house This was a day they took me out to eat and in in addition to buying me a lovely bowl of Khao Soi got this ridiculously extravagant Thai Iced Tea dessert!




More to come in time...May your day be joy filled and possibly as sweet as this pic above.

Duncan

No comments: