Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Right Place, Right Time

 Enjoy these two short videos. The first occurred during my two days in Chiang Mai as I wandered and went on a walk about. I had made it to Wat Chedi Luang and for whatever reason the usual entrance had a sign telling foreigners go to another entrance. Maybe that sign is always there but like the 'good try not to be offensive and follow the rules' traveler that I am, I followed directions and ended up walking all around the complex, ending right back up where I started 30 minutes earlier but now dripping even more with sweat. So then I just went in the entrance I should have gone in the first time around.

This photo looks like someone did a rough edit or a David Copperfield magic trick to make the top portion disappear but that's what it looks like.

Another view with the new King and Queen

Right as I walked in they were moving the Buddha statue to another temple and I was able to capture what you see in the video which was kind of cool and quintessential North Thailand. And had I not taken the long route, I would have missed it. So while I am on this journey, I am grateful for this early reminder to embrace each day that doesn't seem to go the way I want because I don't know what I might experience as a result. And it has been a good lesson given the relative lack of rice growing I have done so far!



The second video is just me and a friend - also involving a walk about. It's titled Pig Escape 2 because last time I was with Pi Toi and Pi Lee, this one's mother also escaped and unlike her daughter, she did not go willingly back into her pen. Many bananas were required. Again, just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Enjoy!


Duncan

No comments: