Saturday, April 10, 2021

Bermuda faves and farewell for now....

Regular updates of the blog got a little behind since Christmas! After a quiet, peaceful, and somewhat lonely Christmas, another guest was coming to stay at the amazing Bridge house (Airbnb #3 - see my previous updated housing post) so I had to move on - but I was very happy to move back to where I started my time in Bermuda... at Airbnb #1 with Karen and Danny. 

As the temperature dipped down into the 60's I still got some good swimming and snorkeling time but the time definitely decreased as even with a wetsuit jacket it was beginning to get a little chilly and I could only stay in the water for 15-20 minutes at a time before I got started getting cold. I began spending more time out of the water and  exploring the island from tip to tip, visiting a few more museums, learning more history and of course comparing fish sandwiches. 

By the end for February I was munching on loquats as they came into peak season all over the island and the Suriname Cherry bushes and hedgerows were covered in delicate white flowers in preparation for their next season. And I was preparing for my next season - bidding farewell to my island home, not knowing what lay ahead but knowing for sure that Bermuda will beckon me back. 

On March 1 I flew back to Seattle - not the ideal time weather wise to return to the Pacific Northwest but...

(Below - a few photos of many giving a small taste of my time in Bermuda)










































































 

No comments: