Friday, November 26, 2021

Two months in the UK - the Places... and a few activities

From fields and forest to beaches and bodies of water, from ancient to modern, it's impossible to capture - let alone post all that I saw and experienced during my two months in the UK but here are a few of my favorite photos and memories (outside of the people - see previous post for that!) If you're friends with me on fb, you've seen some of these before, but not all!



Always an adventure with Alan - in this case we saw a very large apple on tree long since abandoned in the fields behind his house...and of course we had to get it! see photos below for size comparison


Size comparison - that's a grapefruit next to it and a regular size apple!


Geocaching - so much geocaching...


Fifteens - Irish sweet treat

more geocaching...

zoom in....

Montalto Estate with the Dormans


More geocaching...this one about did us in but we found it!


On the way to...

Devenish Island Monastic Site founded in the 6th century by Saint Molaise on one of Lough Erne’s many islands





More geocaching...this was a larger cache but still took a while to find!

Bus and Ferry to Scotland - only one on the bus!



The room that awaited me at Fi and Dave's - illustrating that you can take the kids out of Asia...but you can't take Asia out of the kids...


In case you didn't know where I was...

The previous post featured some of Nini's art - but her kitchen warranted a shout out also - Amazing!

Inchacahilloch?

or somewhere tropical?






Along the West Highland Way




Edinburgh from the castle




Edinburgh Castle


St Giles' Cathedral...St Giles' Cathedral...a place I've wanted to go because of my distance relative Jenny Geddes - a replica of the stool she threw...







On the train to Durham

I always told Miriam that if I came to England, I would be stopping off in Durham for some cake. She did not disappoint! Thank you!


I had different sleeping arrangements wherever I landed, Paul and Faye gave me a great view in Manchester


Airbnb in  Sandhutton, Yorkshire Dales




A delicious pub meal in Sandhutton

airbnb breakfast

Church (Thirsk I think!) Where Alfred Wight (James Herriot) was married!





This might have been the best fish and chips I've ever had or was it the fact that I had walked 13 miles that day and was starving!



Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol





Bath

Bath

Another you can take the kids out of Asia...but you can't take Asia out of the kids...

Dartmoor Hiking



Cream teas loved by everyone but especially by the Bevington sisters!





Starting off on a coastal hike - Devon - Branscombe,







More country walking with good friends




Exeter backroads




Walking with the Bevington/Weinstein crew - Charmouth - where I did find an Ammonite!


View over Exeter

And finally to London - starting at Kew Gardens


Such a great place for plane spotting!





iykyk - but it's not there anymore!

St. Martin in the Fields


Shady American candy stores on Oxford St - seriously - read any of these links



I used a Brit rail pass and had one day left to use so I popped down to Brighton for fish and chips!










Home while in London for two weeks -#28











I was really thankful to be able to see Phantom and Les Miserables and...No Time to Die!









Remembrance Day



Final days - Italian Gardens

Final stop - Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse 


No comments: